EOS M5 or EOS M6

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Gilgamg New Member • Posts: 12
Re: EOS M5 or EOS M6

Ali wrote:

Gilgamg wrote:

So I posted earlier about pros/cons of the EOS M5. Now I see the M6 is out with/without EVF. So a couple of questions:

Is EVF any good and should I still go for the M5 with EVF or the M6 and purchase the add on EVF.

To me one of the most important things about the M is the size; I want a smaller camera to complement the 5D4. I have a M3 right now, and will likely upgrade to M6 (rather than M5) due to size considerations. The M5 is just a little too large for me.

I have the EVF, and usually bring it with me. I've occasionally used it, in bright daylight.

I'm a Canon DLSR User so have lots of good canon lenses so better to use these with the adapter or buy the 18-150mm??

For me, since M is primarily for light travel, I like to have a few EF-M lenses. However the adapter is also a pretty good idea if you have an significant investment in Canon EF glass. For instance I've used the M3 with the Tamron 150-600 for some good reach!

Ali

. Opinions welcome

Thanks for the advice

Gilgamg's gear list:Gilgamg's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow