Pentax K01 DIY Cable Release Adapter

Started Feb 19, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JensR Forum Pro • Posts: 17,951
Pentax K01 DIY Cable Release Adapter

Dear all,

IMO the K-01 is an oddball, but a good one.

The one thing that is missing for me is a way to use continuous shooting to do a number of long exposures without further user intervention. Other Pentax cameras more or less offer this via the shooting modes menu, but I wouldn't hold my breath for any firmware update of the K-01.

So, two main options exist:

1) Disassemble the camera and solder in a "headphone" jack into the wiring of the shutter button to use the standard cable remote.

2) MacGyver an adapter to use a film-era mechanical cable release.

So here's my solution.

It works as an ugly normal shutter button, but also allows me to screw in a standard cable release. I plan to later replace the ABS plastic with a piece of brass, but this shall do for the first tests.

Adapter and release in place (the scratch on the strap eyelet is from the previous owner)

A few more photos:

https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=22070130%40N07&sort=date-taken-desc&text=pentax%20k01%20cable%20release%20adapter&view_all=1

I know it's ugly and only a few people have a need/want for this, but if you do, maybe this gives you some ideas. And if you do go down the disassemble&solder path, let us see it!

Cheers

Jens

-- hide signature --

'Zooming with your feet' is usually a stupid thing as zoom rings are designed for hands.

Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow