Re: yet another GAS thread

jor23 wrote:

RSSrsvp wrote:

jor23 wrote:

RSSrsvp wrote:

jor23 wrote:

RSSrsvp wrote:

jor23 wrote:

The E-P5 and GM1 are both nice, with their own advantages and disadvantages. E-P5 has IBIS, shares the same batteries and menu with my E-M1. However, it is not as small as the GM1 and I a bit worried about the dials on it. They work fine, but I don't know when they will quit. GM1 is so small and cute, but the handling is a pain.

IMO having IBIS and sharing the same battery and menu as your E-M1 are important points to factor into your decision.

I agree. But when will that dial stop working? I'd probably fork out some money for an extended warranty if I end up keep it.

Beautiful camera otherwise.

How old is it?

I bought it off eBay, but can add SquareTrade warranty to it in the first 30 days.

It only has 2k actuations on it.

IMO it depends on the cost of the warranty vs what a repair like this would be if you sent it into an official repair shop.

it's 30 for one year and 50 for two years. i'd imagine a repair would cost more than this.

It would definitely cost more.  Just make sure to read the fine print of the warranty to make sure that a repair like this is totally covered.

RSSrsvp's gear list:RSSrsvp's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow