Different looks to RAW files between manufacturers?

Started 2 days ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Karsten Pedersen Junior Member • Posts: 39
Different looks to RAW files between manufacturers?

Quick question here. To be honest, I haven't done a search for this yet. I wouldn't know what to search for.

I just saw som photos on facebook a friend of mine took at a concert. They were taken with a Nikon D800 and a DF. I have a D800 as well. He shot in RAW and post processed them. I only shoot in RAW as well - never JPG.

When I saw his pictures they just had that look to them, that I am used to from my D800. Of course this is no surprise as he shot with a D800 as well.

So my question is this: Do different camera manufactures have different looks to their RAW files. I know they do with their JPGs. But how about RAW files? Would I get a different look to the unprocessed RAW file from for instance a Canon 5d mkIV? Or a fuji XT2 (yes I know its a cropped sensor)?

Karsten Pedersen's gear list:Karsten Pedersen's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon D5500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +6 more
Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow