Multipoint or Single Point for BIF

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
swamiNikon New Member • Posts: 4
Multipoint or Single Point for BIF

Recently i have purchased a USED Nikon D800, Nikon 300mm F4 AF-S + TC 1.4 ii and I am practicing Birds in flight every weekend near my house which has a nice marsh land. Currently, I am only practicing using a Single point focus and trying my best to focus on the bird's eye as far as possible and I am getting decent results i.e., 1 out of 20. I am also trying various settings on Aperture/Shutter and ISO to have descent sharpness/freeze - learning..

Now my question - Would a 51 or 21 or 9 point AF yield better results for BIF ? I just once tried these settings and if the bird is flying across, then there is a possibility it was focusing on its wings and things like that and my probability of getting a good shot was very poor. Is there any specific technique to be used for these larger focus point shooting OR is it just the Burst mode which will help and chance of Luck that the eyes become a closest point in the frame in one of those Burst shots ? Kindly assist.

BTW, I have been following this forum for years and only now i have started pursuing this hobby much more seriously and hence joined and this is my first post. Thank you all in advance.

Swami

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow