When did digital surpass film in IQ?

Started Feb 16, 2017 | Questions thread
MoreorLess Veteran Member • Posts: 4,473
Re: What size film?

The Davinator wrote:

Reilly is a stalker of mine. Notice how he magically appears in these threads after I do.

Here is a link to this "fake" test. Tim actaully has run through the testing method numerous times for people kind enough to ask. It gets tiring whenever proof is offered to just have some ignoramus chime in with the mindless "fake" comments that it's all a lie....while not seeming to be able to find fault.

The test is proof simple...digital lost....no matter how much trolls like Reilly kick and scream every time they appear to prove he is wrong.

https://www.onlandscape.co.uk/2014/12/36-megapixels-vs-6x7-velvia/

The discussion is over...the test proves the final result. He can feel free to share tests showing someone only ran a 10 minute mile...so anyone showing a four minute mile is a liar.

Honestly this remains by far the best test I'v seen, if Tim had wanted to he could have limited this test to areas where film performs best but he obviously didn't do this for example including a lot of outdoor work under less perfect conditions.

The article I'd say also highlights pretty well exactly why such different opinions can emerge elsewhere given that the enlargement size is a massive factor with digital giving better contrast up to a certain level and then dropping off much more rapidly.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow