Does this happen to you when out taking photos?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DNature
DNature Regular Member • Posts: 139
Does this happen to you when out taking photos?

I use a Panasonic GH4, usually on a tripod with setup that usually consists of a a Tascam 701D, Atomos Ninja 2 and Sennheiser ME66 mic as I take a mix of photos and videos, mostly of wildlife and often I am in public places where I am allowed to do this. When I am out in such places with my camera gear, 90% of the time I get people coming up to me and asking about my camera, one person even asked me if I was from the local news! (which of course I wasn't). The odd time, someone will come up to me, stare at my camera for a few seconds, they walk away,

Only once when I was out, did someone come up to me and instantly recognised my gear, but he was a professional Photographer. Now I don't mind chatting with the occasional person as I like meeting people, but it sometimes gets so distracting that I find it hard to finish what I am doing.

Other than that, I often get peoples dogs coming up and licking me as they walk past.

I think it happens because I am the only person, apart from the photographer I met, that goes to these kinds of places with a camera rig setup and therefore people get curious to see someone with one.

Does anyone else get problems like this when they are taking photos/videos in places where there are people around?

-- hide signature --

If find that the best way to live life, is not in the pursuit of material possessions, but its to live in the pursuit of making positive differences to both other people and to the planet as a whole and if you can get others to do similar or the same, so much the better.

DNature's gear list:DNature's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS 600D Panasonic GH5 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 +8 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow