D500 SD card

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gary Prestash Regular Member • Posts: 227
D500 SD card

Finally starting to set up my D500 - Wow!  Many more options than my old D300 has!  Question concerning the SD card choice.  The deal I got when I bought my D500 included a 64GBSanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-1 card, with a speed of up to 95MB's/sec at no extra charge.  I had purchased 2 Lexar 64GB Pro 2933X cards for the XQD slot and the free SD card was going into the SD slot as the overflow card.  However, whenever I put the SD card into that slot, within a few seconds I get a blinking ERR and CARD message in the top LCD screen.  Page 358 of the owner's manual says that this means that this card cannot be used - may be damaged - insert another card.  I only have CF cards for my D300 but I dug into my wife's camera bag and found a few SD cards.  I put a much older, slower SanDisk SD card into the D500 - and no error message appears.  Is it as simple as the "free" SanDisk Extreme Pro card is bad, as it appears?  What card do most folks recommend for the SD slot, assuming that it would only be used rarely as an overflow?  I know that initially there were reports of problems with the Lexar cards.  Thanks in advance!

-- hide signature --

Gary P

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D300 Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MK
MK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow