Went from D800 to GM5, happy so far :-)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fredfredfred New Member • Posts: 18
Went from D800 to GM5, happy so far :-)

Hi all,

Thanks for all the knowledge shared on this forum. I read up on a lot of threads before purchasing a used GM5 and a 35-100 2.8. A Panasonic 42.5 is on its way in the mail.

I also have a D800 with 35 f2, 85 f1.8 and 180 f2.8. Had a D700 before and have hauled those cameras to Vietnam, Thailand, New York, London and a bunch of places home in Norway. Skiing, rock climbing and hiking are not really activities where you would think dslr due to size, but I always brought them with me for the image quality they provide.

But I realised despite having the camera with me it would often just sit in the backpack, requiring too much time to get it out and use it. I didn´t capture as many moments as I wanted.

Now having used the GM5 for a couple of days I consider selling the entire dslr collection. The low weight and bulk is a massive advantage I would never expect.

Below are some photos from my process of getting to know the GM5.

Thanks again to everyone who have shared their knowledge and experiences in this forum!

Intentionally underexposed to try shadow recovery on the GM5

Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow