Quality of Precision Color Ink versus OEM Canon ink for Pixma Pro 100

Started Feb 3, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BruceLV Junior Member • Posts: 46
Quality of Precision Color Ink versus OEM Canon ink for Pixma Pro 100

I am new to home printing and have been researching whether to stay with Canon OEM inks or refill my own cartridges using the Precision Color system.  From the online videos  that JToolman posted (thanks!) and those that are on the  Precision Color website, it does not seem all that difficult.

I have scanned through the forum and see lots of posts touting how much cheaper it is to refill and also saw a lot on comparing different refilling systems.  However, I am curious though as to how good Precision Color's ink is relative to OEM Canon.  Are the inks close enough in color that one would never notice?  How archival is the Precision Color ink-- i.e., does it fade more or less than OEM Canon ink?   For example, if I have a print that I want to give as a gift, am I going to be embarrassed a year later because the image now looks degraded?

Obviously Precision Color is much cheaper than OEM Canon, but outside of the hassle of filling your own carts, what does one lose by refilling versus just buying brand new OEM carts?  Are there any negatives to using the Precision Color inks from a quality perspective?

Any input would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Bruce

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow