G3X lens hood stuck on the filter adapter

Started Feb 3, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
skiwidon
skiwidon New Member • Posts: 2
G3X lens hood stuck on the filter adapter

After importing a G3X lens hood and filter adapter, I attached the adapter to the lens and the hood to the adapter.  Worked fine, so I reversed the hood into the storage position, no problem.  Next I tried to remove the reversed lens hood; big problem.  Only comes off with the adapter ring and impossible to separate the two whether on or off the camera.  Anyone had this problem and how did you solve it?  Pressing the release catch does nothing and it seems like the hood must only fit on the adapter one way, which doesn't help me now!

I believe the hood and adapter are also used on SX60, SX50, SX40, SX530, SX520, SX30, SX20.

I am a semi-retired professional photographer and enjoy the G3X as a great travel camera when used with the electronic viewfinder.

Regards--
skiwidon, New Zealand

skiwidon's gear list:skiwidon's gear list
Canon G3 X Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M3 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon G3 X Canon PowerShot SX520 Canon PowerShot SX530 Canon PowerShot SX60 HS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow