80D & memory card

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AvyMan
AvyMan Senior Member • Posts: 2,996
80D & memory card

I was looking to upgrade my memory card for more capacity and speed than the one that came with the kit: SanDisk Extreme 32GB, with max read speed 90 MB/s and with max write speed 40 MB/s.

Checked out the SD 128GB Extreme with 90 MB read and 60 MB write. While most reviews were quite favorable from various places, I came across one (below) that saw a problem with it.

Click to see more clearly.

Then I looked into the SD 128GB Extreme Pro with 95 MB read and (more importantly) 90 MB write speed. That sounded pretty good.

I'm coming from the 60D with a SD 32GB, 90 read, 40 write so anything will be an improvement.

I shoot bursts quite often for wildlife and very rarely do video. I download photos directly to the iMac's card slot. (One card reviewer had a problem with that for some reason.)

SanDisk has been good to me for many years with MANY shots coming and going through their cards w/o any problems. Thought I'd stick with SD barring any compelling reasons to switch.

Any personal experience and/or recommendations you could offer using higher capacity, faster cards on the 80D would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nick

-- hide signature --

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." John Burroughs, American naturalist and essayist 1837-1921
(Please contact me first if you'd like to use any posted photos.)

AvyMan's gear list:AvyMan's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow