Your experience trading in used equip to B&H/Adorama

Started Jan 30, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Speedyweber New Member • Posts: 1
Your experience trading in used equip to B&H/Adorama

I'm curious to hear form people that have traded in used equipment to B&H and Adorama. They are both advertising an extra rebate on Sony cameras and lenses until 4/1. There's an extra $480 taken off the price of an A7R II if you are trading something in, plus whatever credit you get for your gear. I've already contacted B&H and received an estimated quote on what my gear is worth and a prepaid UPS shipping label. Adorama wants to call me to discuss it. I'm unclear if there's a discrepancy on the condition of my gear what they do. I don't want to be in a situation where I'm expecting a decent amount for my gear and they offer me half of that for it and my gear and purchase are in limbo, or other complications I can not foresee. So please if you have ever traded in to either of these companies share your feedback.
On a side note, I was going to trade everything in to Amazon in exchange for gift cards and use those towards purchasing an A7 II, and I've dealt with Amazon plenty in the past with all good experiences. With the current promotions at B&H and Adorama the A7R II is within my reach but I have no experience with either shop outside of a couple small purchases from Adorama.

Sony a7 II Sony a7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow