Do I need Weather Resistant?

Started Jan 26, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CarGuy007 New Member • Posts: 5
Do I need Weather Resistant?

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum but not new to photography. I've owned Canon DSLR's in the past and looking to pick up my first mirrorless camera. I've pre-ordered the X-T20 with 18-55mm lens. I think that setup should be good for travel and every day shooting (I do mainly landscapes and some portraits). My one concern is that the X-T20 does not have WR.

I've done some research on what WR really means and pretty much received mixed opinions. I have taken Canon DSLRs walking up Dunns River Falls in Jamaica in the rain and shot behind waterfalls in Hawaii. I've brought cameras to really hot and humid places and they've held up fine. Of course I had rain sleeve with me and kept things in the bag whenever possible.

With that, the question is, do I need WR on the Fuji? I'd hate to take it to places like SE Asia where rain, humidity, and dust can be a challenge and have them mess up the camera. Of course, if money was no object I would get the X-T2 and call it a day but alas it's $700 more for similar setup. So I'm turning to you experts on here for advice.

Thank you,

Ken

Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow