FZ2000/2500: Are the dpreview lens tests correct?

Started Jan 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
marshwader
OP marshwader Senior Member • Posts: 1,293
Re: FZ2000/2500: Are the dpreview lens tests correct?

Well, that makes two of us. I didn't see the extreme corner softness dpreview ascribes to the FZ2000 in my camera (have another look at my tests at the top of this thread OP). You didn't find the corner softness  Imaging resource observes in the RX 10 III. These reviews almost balance each other out, which is weird, or maybe it isn't. Who knows? 

My only aim in this whole thread had absolutely nothing to do with the RX 10 III. I just wanted to encourage FZ2000/2500 users not to just accept dpreviews "verdict" without checking their own cameras to see whether they aren't much sharper than the review suggests. I know mine is fine. The stills are great and the video features are just fantastic for a superzoom camera in this price range.

-- hide signature --

Machines were mice and men were lions once upon a time. But now that it's the opposite it's twice upon a time.

marshwader's gear list:marshwader's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow