Why can't Adobe and Nikon work to have LR/CC/PS process Nikon color profiles?

Started Oct 24, 2016 | Discussions thread
nikonjohn
nikonjohn Senior Member • Posts: 1,421
Re: Why can't Adobe and Nikon work to have LR/CC/PS process Nikon color profiles?

Sagittarius wrote:

nikonjohn wrote:

b2martin_a - I normally use the camera standard profile in Lightroom to begin the editing process with my D810 NEF images. I've also compared the results between direct editing of the NEF in LR and editing a Tiff file in LR that I converted from NX-D. I agree that there is a good match between the end result. The one thing I've found though is that Lightroom (Adobe Camera Raw) significantly overestimates the WB for D810 NEFs, i.e., +200 Kelvin for natural light shots; +400 K for flash shots. I'm basing that on the readings I get from NX-D. With that in mind, I just make the appropriate WB adjustments and go from there.

From my perspective, the nice thing about using LR is that edits are nondestructive and this gives you complete flexibility to work with your NEF files.

I do not use NX-D, but I use View NX-i as a viewer and to see focus point when I need. My main converter is LR. The difference between LR WB and View NX-i for images taken with flash is 236°K. I use Neutral PC in camera and in LR. When looking at the un-edited images in LR and View NX-i, there is no dissernible differences. Apparently Adobe did a good job at emulating Nikon's PCs.

-- hide signature --

Best regards

Interesting and thanks. I'll have to run some comparisons in neutral to see how they look in NX-i versus LR on my monitor.

In order to see your focus points in LR, you might want to check out a plug-in at the following site: http://www.lightroomfocuspointsplugin.com/

Once you set it up, it will allow you to see focus points for your shots without jumping between LR and NX-i.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow