FZ2000/2500: Are the dpreview lens tests correct?

Started Jan 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
spike29 Senior Member • Posts: 1,263
Re: FZ2000/2500: is DPR or the suplier to "blame" of the bad image?

rcyphermd wrote:

How do I tell if I have a bad lens? I am not very techy, just want to take good photos

on page 2 Marshwader wrote this:

"marshwader OP • Senior Member • Posts: 1,121 Re: FZ2000/2500: Are the dpreview lens tests correct? In reply to Bassy • 2 days ago 1

It's always best not to panic. People who have bought the camera should take some simple steps to find out whether theirs is affected by copy variation softness, If you don't have a lens test chart (there are some available for free download) just take a large sheet of newspaper and pin it to the wall as flat as possible with masking tape all the way round. Then take some photos with the camera as straight onto the news paper as possible. If you can use a tripod do so, if not rest the camera on a table and use the self timer at 1/125 with f/4 or lower. Check the images at 100% and if the centre is sharp but the corners are very soft, send it to Panasonic for repair."

(if mounted on a tripod disable IS and use high enough shuttertime to avoid any shutter blur and the timer for pressing blur.)

spike29's gear list:spike29's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow