Poor focus with E-M1ii and 300 f4 pro

Started Jan 20, 2017 | Discussions thread
Harvey Melvin Richards Regular Member • Posts: 294
Re: Poor focus with E-M1ii and 300 f4 pro

drj3 wrote:

Assuming you had stabilization turned on, it looks like you have Rls Priority (not sure if you used SAF or CAF) turned ON and simply pressed the shutter button without confirming focus. If it is turned on, you have to decide when the target is in focus, not the camera.

ON is the default setting for Rls Priority C, since many birders (including me) do not want to wait for camera focus confirmation. The default for SAF should have been Rls Priority S - OFF, which does not release the shutter without focus confirmation. The first image certainly is not in focus and since there is nothing else in the image in focus, it is not a case of the camera choosing the wrong focus point.

I always have S-IS Auto and lens IS on. I don't know how Rls Priority was set at the time, I usually have it Off. When I use anti-shock, I get the focus confirmation beep. I never have this problem with 40-150 + MC-14, or any of my other lenses. Of course, none are as long either.

I am sure this is a lens problem, I'm just unsure how to confirm what the problem is, and why it occurs when it does.

Harvey Melvin Richards's gear list:Harvey Melvin Richards's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow