When will it end - 33mp with 8K by 2020

Started Jan 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,889
Re: When will it end - 33mp with 8K by 2020

samtheman2014 wrote:

OlyPent wrote:

Go dig up the review of the 2011 Sony NEX-7 and compare the Olympus E-M5 side by side at 3200 ISO. The Olympus has a stop better noise control and the NEX-7 is 24mp. This tells me that you could sell a Panasonic or Olympus with about 40mp with noise still within tolerable limits. That is with current technology.

-- hide signature --

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting."
-Spock

Looking at the RAW samples from imaging resoucre , I am not seeing the E-M5 being any better and certainly not a full stop . Here are unedited RAW files comparing them both at 3200ISO , only change is adjusting the zoom slightly to give the same image size noise looks slightly better on the Sony and it is a little crisper

Plus when using presumably the same light set up the Olympus cannot get the same shutter speed. DXO iso numbers for both cameras at a body stated 3200ISO are 1489 on the E-M5 and 2617 on the Nex 7 , which probably explains why the Olympus cannot manage the same shutter speed.

https://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Olympus-OM-D-E-M5-versus-Sony-NEX-7___793_736

I do not use high ISO so it would not matter to me . Now 40mp with a true base ISO 25 and I am in like flynn

-- hide signature --

Jim I am Sam I am not

That's DXO.  I was referring to the tests done here.  IMO (and I'll know for sure in a couple days) the NEX-7 was no better, if as good as the m4/3rds sensors.  I remember at the time people thinking 24mp for APS was too much because of the higher ISO noise the NEX had.

-- hide signature --

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting."
-Spock

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow