Slow shipping from Nikon Store

Started Jan 20, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Beto3645 New Member • Posts: 22
Slow shipping from Nikon Store

The Nikon Store online ran a sale on refurbished equipment over the weekend of January 13-16. I jumped at the opportunity and placed an order for a refurbished D500 for $1499 on January 15.

Two days later, on January 17, I got an email from Nikon saying the order had shipped. Finally!

Except that the shipping confirmation notice was bogus. The UPS tracking page was stuck on the first step for two more days: "Order processed: ready for UPS."

When I called Nikon they told me to call UPS. When I called UPS they told me they had not received the package. I had to call Nikon back and ask to talk to a supervisor. The supervisor confirmed (for the first time) that Nikon had not yet given the package to UPS, but that the order was proceeding according to Nikon's normal timeline and that it would probably be handed over to UPS on January 19.

It did not happen. Today, January 20, five days after I placed the order, the UPS tracking page is still stuck at the same first step as it was three days ago.

This is the first time (and probably the last) that I've bought anything from the Nikon Store. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow