FZ2000/2500: Are the dpreview lens tests correct?

Started Jan 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
spike29 Senior Member • Posts: 1,244
Re: FZ2000/2500: is DPR or the suplier to "blame" of the bad image?

marshwader wrote:

You now already take it as gospel that sample variation is widespread. I don't.

No i don't take it for a fact that sample variation is widespread. Just be curious why a big review-site like dpr got a "bad" or not on specification sample for testing and reviewing.

It is like deliver a doa on  a proof of concept, that never looks good and can probably will cost you the deal. Even when al this posting of people about soft or not so good lenses isn't a widespread issue the damage in the mind of buyers is already done.

Panasonic products are usually excellent and reliable and I don't think they'd knowingly send out deficient cameras.

I hope not they do But my point is , how does this sample for testing sending take place? Does ask DPR a sample and send a manufacturer this sample or is this the distributer (box shifter so to speak.)?  in the first case they should be smart to test themselfs first the sample before sending out. And in the second case bad luck.

Nevertheless the fact there are soft lenses send out after quality check isn't good or fine.

Faulty product's can't be avoided so brokendown camera's after a few weeks by electronic failure is normal but a lenstest can be done with a servicemodes and setup fully'/semi automatic for every produced camera so that isn't a excuse imo. (Probably they do one every 1000 units or so) I am curious in this matter this normaly take place.

So if you are worried ring them, ask them, explain to them what dpreview has declared to be the problem!

maybe i do.

After all Panasonic will not want the launch of the GH5 to be marred by problems with the FZ2000.

-- hide signature --

Machines were mice and men were lions once upon a time. But now that it's the opposite it's twice upon a time.

spike29's gear list:spike29's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow