When will it end - 33mp with 8K by 2020

Started Jan 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 12,755
Re: First...

peppermonkey wrote:

bryanbrun wrote:

peppermonkey wrote:

with editing such files is only temporary. Storage gets cheaper by the day and computers are getting more powerful all the time as well. Just a few years ago smartphones could barely handle just playing 480p video, now they can edit 1080p video, let alone play them.

Again, the perfect example of the meaningless progression of 4K video. There are fundamental limits to network bandwidth and eye sight that make 4K video meaningless.

4K video is not necessarily beneficial on a 65-inch TV. Most people cannot tell the difference between 4K and 1080P from standard viewing distances.

4K video on a phone versus 1080P video on a phone is entirely meaningless.

I was responding to someone who was talking about the limitations of technology today.

Second, they to tell me you can't see the difference between 1080P and 4K on a 6 inch screen just one inch from your eyes. That is what VR is going to be like. Albeit, probably more like two smaller screens instead of using a smartphone screen. Still, when the screens are that close, such resolutions will matter and certainly not meaningless.

I think VR is the only reasonable application for such high resolution.  But perhaps there is some new display medium we haven't even considered yet.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow