Upgrading from a Rebel T3i to T6s~Upgrade the lens? Wildlife shooting is the goal.

Started Dec 31, 2016 | Discussions thread
Woody W.
Woody W. Senior Member • Posts: 2,614
Re: Upgrading from a Rebel T3i to T6s~Upgrade the lens? Wildlife shooting is the goal.

SeeTheWorld wrote:

(...deleted prior pearls of wit and wisdom...)

I hear what you're saying about incremental improvements. My skills do not push the T3i to existing limits. Therefore, I chose not to get the T6s and wait to see how little long I can get my existing camera and lenses to work. Basically, after six months of research I decided to do absolutely nothing to update my current situation. Instead, I'm practicing doing Custom White Balance quickly and choosing the best way to carry the current equipment. We have six days until leaving for Yellowstone and I'm charging four batteries since they wear down more quickly in the cold. I am also bringing my Sony PowerShot in case of emergencies. It has no real zoom capabilities, but takes great landscape and indoor shots.

Thank you for continuing the discussion. I've learned from the great input I got from my question. I'm interested to see the next Rebel generation. When the T3i wears out, I'll make the change.

You're quite welcome! I was in a similar place with my 5 year old T2i just before my Anniversary trip to Italy. I decided that the T6 series had finally piled on enough incremental upgrades to justify replacement. I went with the "s" version (760D) because I had originally come from the xxD series before deciding the Rebels fit my hands better, but I missed the control of the rear dial.

In any case, enjoy your trip! That's the most important part.

-- hide signature --

- Woody -
Equipment: Enough. For now.
Quote: 'The only thing some people will believe is their own eyes. But in the realm of the quality of a printed image, is there really anything else that can be believed? '

Woody W.'s gear list:Woody W.'s gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6s Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow