MacBook Pro - whither sanity?

Started Jan 16, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
englishfil Regular Member • Posts: 173
MacBook Pro - whither sanity?

I have been editting some video for a family member over the weekend. Various elements captured on a Nikon D800 using a Sandisk Ultra 64GB SD card. Brought into PS, Quicktime7 and iMovie via the SD slot on my ageing MBP. Even used the SD for temp storage of clips as they were combined with CG sequences.

Thought this was all dashed convenient - no adapters, no extra cables - apart from power because of old internal battery.

Then I thought if I upgrade my MBP this is all gone. Utility of 2016 MBP has been tossed on the fire for the sake of what exactly? Aesthetics, parts count, build cost? It is only when you are using this stuff you realise how useful it all is - or was. What the stuff is Apple thinking?

I am going to get a new battery for my current MBP. I am going to hope someone at Apple stops the rot before I need to replace the whole thing.

englishfil's gear list:englishfil's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Nikon D200 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow