We got the message 8 years ago. Moderators: intervene!

Started Jan 14, 2017 | Polls thread
OP Jorginho Forum Pro • Posts: 14,329
Re: interesting thread.

Greynerd wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Strangely enough some are endlessly patient in helping new users even if the questions have been answered before. Others are easily (and perhaps unreasonably) intolerent to repeated threads on the same subject.

The solutions are easy:

New users can use the excellent search facility for a quick response before they launch into a set of queries. Often there are many suitable explanations already recorded.

For those easily made grumpy I suggest that there is no need to even open, answer or follow new user question threads.

Unfortunately many good explanatory threads are confused and diluted by the grumps being negative.

There is a fair bit of title trolling going on in the site where inflammatory titles are used in a similar way to newspaper headlines then everything is an ever so reasonable request for information in the text. I wonder if the marketeers are using this as a tactic to get negative impressions in search returns. You really have to wonder how many posters seeking information are genuine or not especially when implications of a problem existing are voiced in the title even before an answer has been received.

Funny how many people seem to deduce a lot of just my opining post, this includes Toms reply about being grumpy. So if someoen has had it somewhere along the line he or she falls in the category "easily grumpy". And so there are a lot of others. I am not even going to say "oh but I am not." I find the load of such replies over here a bit tiresome. But I have to say that I feel we should allow bashing over here, it seems many posters are pretty good at it and seem to like it. My hinch was that most over here were more constructive and liked constructive cticism but to my mind quite huge part do not see any difference between a contstructive argument and bashing, trolling, provoking. It is all the same and if you say you do not like trolling they are quick to imply you cannot stand any single form of criticism. It is nothing to get grumpy about, it is more laughable to see how many people do not know what a spectrum is and how these things fall into a spectrum.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
tko
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow