We got the message 8 years ago. Moderators: intervene!

Started Jan 14, 2017 | Polls thread
Michael J Davis
Michael J Davis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,484
Re: interesting thread - searches

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Strangely enough some are endlessly patient in helping new users even if the questions have been answered before. Others are easily (and perhaps unreasonably) intolerent to repeated threads on the same subject.

The solutions are easy:

New users can use the excellent search facility for a quick response before they launch into a set of queries. Often there are many suitable explanations already recorded.

As a long time user, I find the search facility not particularly useful. I enter a search term and it throws up every mention of it - not, for instance, just headers! So one long but irrevelant thread can take several pages of search results because of one mention. of a word. Equally the ability to search with an "AND NOT" combination would also be helpful...

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

For those easily made grumpy I suggest that there is no need to even open, answer or follow new user question threads.

Unfortunately many good explanatory threads are confused and diluted by the grumps being negative.

True! 

Mike

-- hide signature --

Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 50 years
www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

Michael J Davis's gear list:Michael J Davis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
tko
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow