Anyone still shooting 35mm film?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zuikowesty
zuikowesty Veteran Member • Posts: 3,156
Anyone still shooting 35mm film?

I am curious if anyone is shooting 35mm film and mFT here?

It has been above 8 years since I last shot film, which is when I got my first DSLR, the FT E-410. I have sold all my 35mm film gear except an OM-1, and have only a few OM lenses - 28, 35, 55, along with a collection with other mounts collected for adapting to digital.

I have been given some ISO 200 colour print film, and still have a bulk roll of Ilford FP4+, so I've considering trying film again, even though I know it is very expensive to process these days, and I don't have a decent film scanner, so it's about $20CDN/roll to process and scan at decent quality.

Part of my thought process here is to see how I get along with "full frame" gear again, and the necessary slowing down of things that will come along with it - no IBIS (unless I get an A7II), no AF (unless I spend $$), so more tripod use necessary, much less spontaneous captures. But this might (probably) be a good thing...

I was also given a Zeiss Ikon Contessa which I haven't tried, so am curious about that, along with wanting to try my 55/1.2 with film, to at least see the results in native FOV.

So who here still shoots with film, and what does it deliver for you?

edit: I mention 35mm film specifically, as I think MF or beyond is a whole different beast. I did notice that with the increasing price for 35mm film, MF and even sheet film seems like a bargain these days, especially if you process yourself.

-- hide signature --
 zuikowesty's gear list:zuikowesty's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus Stylus Tough 3000 +15 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow