£200 cashback UK on GX80

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Voyager03 Regular Member • Posts: 257
£200 cashback UK on GX80

So I have one of these which is on back order but ordered before the promotion ended and the shop promised that they would be in on the week commencing 16th January and would ship when they arrived.

Just got this mail

Thank you for placing your Panasonic order with CameraWorld and we are sincerely sorry for the long delay you have experienced waiting for your camera.

At CameraWorld we pride ourselves on being honest with our customers and feel we have been badly let down by Panasonic. Our previous email to you stating an expected shipment date of the week of the 16th was based upon the information supplied by Panasonic to us at the time. Unfortunately, Panasonic gave us wrong information and has left us in this embarrassing situation as it appears that the shipment schedule of the black version of the GX80 has now been put back end of February and even that information is not concrete.

Our concern is the offer of double cashback is coming to an end and if you wait until the end of February, you will not be able to make the claim.

All, however, is not lost. We have managed to negotiate at no extra cost, the SILVER version of this camera which is eligible for the double cash back. Delivery on this item is expected to the middle to the end of next week.

Please click here to see a sample image of this product.

Please advise by email if you would like to proceed as an amended order or if you would like us to cancel your order from our system. We have tried our best to offer you an alternative and feel this is the best option.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

So do I get the GX80 in silver, which is a colour I don't really like, for a total of £229 (which is an astonishingly good deal) or wait for the next rounds of offers which are sure to be along soon enough because I think the silver looks so cheesy I'd probably not want to use the camera much?

Voyager03's gear list:Voyager03's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow