So I Am an Idiot (X-T1 Wifi)

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JimMoyer
JimMoyer Forum Member • Posts: 94
So I Am an Idiot (X-T1 Wifi)

"Better to have some of the world think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I have a persistent problem connecting my X-T1, as well as my X70, over wifi with my iPhone 7 Plus.  It usually takes two or three tries before I get a connection.  I initiate the wifi on the camera; then go to the settings for wifi on the iPhone and connect the phone to the Fuji's wifi; then I open the Fuji remote app on the phone; then I select "browse camera" on the app.  At least 2 times out of 3, I get no connection, and have to start all over again.  Eventually, after repeated tries, there will be a message on the back of the camera, advising me to press OK on the camera.  Then it works.  But almost never the first time.

This is frustrating.  I must be missing something in the steps needed to make the connection, or, alternatively, it takes a long time for the camera app on the phone and camera to sync up, and I'm needlessly impatient.

Sorry to both the forum with this tiny problem, but it definitely slows down my workflow when trying to share with my phone.

Snickering is OK, as long as you can suggest a fix.

Thanks,

Jim

-- hide signature --

Jim Moyer
"Not all who wander are lost."

JimMoyer's gear list:JimMoyer's gear list
Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow