When Lightroom fails to perform, what do you use?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zuikowesty
zuikowesty Veteran Member • Posts: 3,581
When Lightroom fails to perform, what do you use?

Lately, I've had a few shots taken with my E-M5 from which I have been unable to achieve the results I want using Lightroom CC. Either I can't get smooth tonal gradations, or I can't get the contrast and detail I want without colours looking false. I am trying to determine if this is a weakness with the E-M5 RAW files, LR, or just my editing skills. Or perhaps I am expecting too much. I have used LR since it came out, but only occasionally use Photoshop. I have tried DXO OP, Raw Therapee and a few others, but have never really seen a big difference, but didn't spend a lot of time trying to learn them.

I have watched many LR and PS training videos showing how some pretty awful looking RAWs can be brought to life, but the examples are nearly always with FF RAWs. Often I can get the results I want quite quickly with LR, but when I fail to get there with an image that has great potential, I get really discouraged.

I will try to post some examples shortly, but just wondering if anyone else shares this experience. The image from yesterday which is causing me frustration was taken in flat light, so DR is not an issue. I think perhaps I will try running it through a variety of RAW processors at defaults just to see what I get.

-- hide signature --
 zuikowesty's gear list:zuikowesty's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus Stylus Tough 3000 +15 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow