N1 Software Recommendation!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Big D in SP Regular Member • Posts: 419
N1 Software Recommendation!

I've been migrating from my V1because the images I've been able to produce lacked so far behind my newer cameras.  I prefer to shoot RAW and have used Nikon's own Capture NX2 for years.

Recently, taking advantage of a special offer with my newest Panasonic m4/3, I downloaded SilkyPix Pro 7 for Panasonic and was extremely pleased with the results.  The images were so much better in color, DR and NR and so easy to use, that I seriously considered selling off my V1 gear.  That version was ONLY for Panasonic cameras.  Period.  So, using it with any others was impossible...even for JPG/TIF!

Long story short, last night I went to the sight to see if there was a trial of the full version which I could use with my other cameras.  THERE IS.   That allowed me to see how V1 photos would look processed in SilkyPix.

AMAZING!  The output with default settings is so superior to NX2 or NX-D that 3200 ISO in a dim room beats 800 ISO with NX2.  And, it's faster, more intuitive, and easier to use.

NO, I WON'T POST ANY EXAMPLES!  If you care at all, you can see for yourself.  I'm just giving you folks a heads-up.

There's also a special discount for a short time which offers the PRO 7 Standard version (which is perfect for me) for only @ $58 US.

Truthfully, the improvement in output is so worth the effort that you should all just try it and compare with what you are now using.  Then, please post your opinion for the rest of us.

Regards.....Warren

Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow