Very sharp glass! but poor focusing

Started Jan 4, 2017 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sutlore New Member • Posts: 14
Very sharp glass! but poor focusing

I bought this just a week before reviewing this, so I might not get used to this lense but I can see some flaws.

The optic is so sharp on my A6300. The contrast and colour are outstanding. This is my first and only impressive Sony G lense I have owned.

However, the focus is some sort of poor. In standard mode, it is quick enough to shoot good portraits. Bokeh is very nice and clean. Personally, I really hate onion bokeh from the CZ 55/1.8 for example. The AF does not work so well as I was trying to shoot a flying bee on AF-C in macro mode. And it seems like the focusing motor is too noisy, even Sony said that is quiet:-( Before I wasted 6-7 burst shots to get an in-focus image.

All in all, it is acceptable for the quality and the price. I think there also rooms for Sony to improve the quality of the AF and make it easier to use.

Sutlore's gear list:Sutlore's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7R III Leica M10-P Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +12 more
Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
Telephoto macro prime lens • Sony FE • SEL90M28G
Announced: Mar 4, 2015
Sutlore's score
Average community score
Sony a6300 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow