E-PL6 Shutter Speed sometimes fails to manually adjust

Started Jan 2, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JamiesonS New Member • Posts: 13
E-PL6 Shutter Speed sometimes fails to manually adjust

Are there any known issues regarding the E-PL6 and setting of Shutter Speed?

I've been noticing that sometimes shutter adjusts as expected and then when you go to adjust the shutter speed again it doesn't change.  At first I thought it was just my inexperience with the camera and menus... but now I'm suspecting a software related issue.

Example scenario:

• I'm in full Manual M mode using a Minolta 55mm 1.7 with an adapter.
  • Turn camera On
  • Click the 'F' (Up) on the Arrow Pad
  • Further presses of 'F' (Up) or 'G' (Down) on the Arrow Pad adjust Shutter Speed
  • Click OK to set the value
  • Take a shot or two
  • Click the 'F' (Up) on the Arrow Pad again
  • Press 'F' (Up) or 'G' (Down) on the Arrow Pad and the Shutter Speed value no longer adjusts, even though the little up-arrow / down-arrow indicators are lit

Typically I can get it to work again by switching the Mode dial away from M and then back. Sometimes I have to power off the camera and turn it back on.

I've been over the manual and looked for similar questions online but have not seen anything to identify the problem.  Is there some setting I could be missing or have something set that is conflicting with the standard button operation?

Thanks.

JamiesonS's gear list:JamiesonS's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-P505 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
ANSWER:
Olympus PEN E-PL6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow