Fuji xe2s color problems, over saturated, technical help needed

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Vic Chapman Veteran Member • Posts: 7,845
Re: Fuji xe2s color problems, over saturated, technical help needed

lnbolch wrote:

In the early days of digital photography, many companies were eager to join the fray. No all had engineers with any photographic knowledge. One had a brilliant guy who saw a flaw in everyone else and fixed it. H/she noticed that auto white balance tapered off somewhere around 3500K, making available light in living rooms overly warm. It worked perfectly.
That is until someone tried to photograph a glorious sunset, that came out looking like it was shot at noon. The brilliant new algorithm totally neutralised the brilliant colours which of course were in the spectral band similar to living room lighting. The company no longer makes digital cameras.

-- hide signature --

That reminds me of film days. I was a transparency/slide shooter in colour but would sometimes shoot print film on holiday. I'd carefully adjust my graduated sunset or ND filter for the needed effect but when the prints were returned, the auto WB/auto exp of the processing machines would have removed all signs of the of affect to leave a standard sky with washed out landscape. That's why I shot colour transparencies!

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan. Writer, comedian, poet, Goon. 1918 - 2002

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow