Upgrading from a Rebel T3i to T6s~Upgrade the lens? Wildlife shooting is the goal.

Started Dec 31, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SeeTheWorld
SeeTheWorld Regular Member • Posts: 342
Upgrading from a Rebel T3i to T6s~Upgrade the lens? Wildlife shooting is the goal.

I'm a hobbyist who shoots landscapes, macro and wildlife.  I'm about to upgrade the T3i to T6s.  I like the swivel touch-screen and higher megapixels.  So the question is, do I also upgrade the lens?  I'm planning to keep my 10-22 mm for landscapes, and I have the original 70-300 f4-5.6 mm non-L, which I took to Africa for some nice wildlife shots.  In three weeks we head to Yellowstone where I hope to get some great wildlife opportunities.  With the higher megapixels of the new camera I'll be able to crop more, so I don't think I need more than a 300 mm.  But, would the upgrade in camera warrant an upgrade in lens?  Should I also upgrade the 70-300 f4-5.6 lens to the 70-300 f4-5.6 L?

Thank you and Happy New Year!

-- hide signature --

Mary
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world . . ." Margaret Mead

SeeTheWorld's gear list:SeeTheWorld's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G11 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow