Confusion about HSS and YONGNUO YN-622C-TX and speedlights

Started Dec 31, 2016 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RyoHazuki224
RyoHazuki224 New Member • Posts: 8
Confusion about HSS and YONGNUO YN-622C-TX and speedlights

So, I was doing some research on getting some speedlights that support HSS, and I found out that these inexpensive Yongnuo YN-568EX II flashes do support it when using the Yongnuo YN-622C-TX Flash controllers .

My question though is, whenever I'm looking at these, it's also recommended to pair them with a Yongnuo YN-622C Wireless Flash Trigger Receive r, which has me confused.

Currently I'm using the YN560-TX transmitter and YN560 IV Flashes, which of course don't support high-speed sync, which is why I'm looking to upgrade. But with these, all you need is the transmitter and the flash for off-camera use. They've been working great on my A6000 and A6300 cameras.

So, what I'm wondering is why it's recommended to get that YN-622C trigger? Does not the flash controller itself send the signal to the YN-568 flash?

Or is it that the transmission that the flash receives is too slow, or doesn't actually recieve the 2.4GHz frequency that the controller sends out, requiring the YN-622C to receive the signal to the flash?

And, if thats the case, why then couldn't I just use the YN-622C TX controller with the YN622C receiver with my YN-560 flashes?

I've tried looking up tutorials on these flashes but I've never found one that explain the reason for needing the receivers attached to the flashes. Am I making this more complicated than they really are? Sorry if these are a lot of questions, just really confused!

Thanks for any help!

RyoHazuki224's gear list:RyoHazuki224's gear list
Sony a6300
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow