Started Dec 23, 2016 | Discussions thread
John Gellings Senior Member • Posts: 3,288

Tom Caldwell wrote:

John Gellings wrote:

The GR is not forgotten and Ricoh is listening to the requests of customers was said, when a 40 mm version was discussed.

OMG my payers are heard?

My only request was 50mm, as wide as possibly can in the current GR2 body.

Where has it been said that Ricoh is listening?

Obviously every camera company worth the name listens to feedback from customers. But there is a big difference between listening and pushing the "go" button.

Last time there was some serious on-going debate on this subject (a few years ago) it seemed that there was no general consensus on just what focal length lens was preferred but also an implied consensus that any such lens was going to retract into the body just like the present one.

Putting another focal length retracting lens into a GR body whilst keeping the capture quality high and not turning the whole contraption into a big lump would be a challenge. I am sure that if anyone could do it then Ricoh could.

Noteworthy is that the present GR lens extends very little but it has lost the extreme close focus ability of the GRD series.

I thought this may have been due to the switch to APSC.

John Gellings's gear list:John Gellings's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow