Silent Mode on the X-E2

Started Dec 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
bs1946
bs1946 Senior Member • Posts: 5,253
Re: Silent Mode on the X-E2

fotofem wrote:

My auto-focus lenses now fail to cause an audible beep noise when focus is achieved - X-E2. I must have accidentally turned it off. I do not know how to turn silent mode on or off, and would like to find out. Otherwise, I've looked all over the menus and taken care off every sound-related option I could find (unless I'm failing to recognize an abbreviated term.) All suggestions gratefully received.

If your X-E2 has been updated to version 4.00, the Silent Mode was renamed to Sound and Flash and is in Setup Menu 1. Fuji did that so people would know they were turning off the flash as well as all the sounds. If it is set to ON, then you have sound and the flash still works. If it is set to OFF, all sounds and the flash are disabled.

You can turn off all of the sounds at other menu locations and that is a better approach. Unless you never intend to use flash with your X-E2..

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
billschaffel.500px.com
instagram.com@billschaffel
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton Voigtlander 50mm F1.5 Nokton +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow