Guide Book M5

Started Dec 22, 2016 | Discussions thread
nnowak Veteran Member • Posts: 3,953
Re: Guide Book M5

jadphoto wrote:

digital4dummies.com wrote:

Larry Cunningham wrote:

I'd also love to find a guide book for the M5. I'm planning to buy an M5 (to replace my M3) after the first of the year.

On a related subject, does anyone know of a "cheat sheet" for either the M3 or the M5? I'm referring to the sort of laminated sheet sold by Bert Sirkin on his Web site . I've bought several of them for cameras I've used through the years, but he doesn't seem to make them for the EOS M series cameras.

-- hide signature --

Larry

That's a shame, because cheat sheets are much easier to prepare and format, compared to a full-length book, although Bert still has the expense of having them printed and laminated. Because conventional dSLRs from Nikon and Canon, and mirrorless systems from Sony have captured 95+ percent of the market, publishers at all levels are less inclined to support other cameras, including mirrorless models from Canon, Olympus, and Panasonic. I went back to my dealer a year after I bought my EOS M, and he told me it was the only one he ever sold. And, of course, Canon didn't even import some later EOS M models to the US. It's possible that the improvements in the M5 will stimulate third-party support if sales are sufficient.

While the M3 wasn't imported to the US initially, it (and all the Ms) have been officially imported by Canon USA.

JD

Except the M2

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow