Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG HSM | A

Started Dec 13, 2016 | Discussions thread
OP nitinm Forum Member • Posts: 81
Re: Sigma USB Dock

shooter45 wrote:

shooter45 wrote:

dtray187 wrote:

Btw my copy needed no micro adjustments, it's dead on at 1.4! I was worried about that

I received this lens yesterday and my copy is dead on and does not need any adjustment. I did not order the USB dock cause I wanted to find out first how was my lens performing out of the box and so far it is so good. Sharp at f/1.8 but insanely sharp at f/2, f/2.8 and f/4.

It is so sharp at f/2.8 - f/4 that I won't need to use any sharpening tool at all. This lens is not that heavy as has been stated by others, it is built like a tank, the zoom ring is super smooth and the tripod collar turns and lock very nice.

No VR ? No problem !! I am going to use my monopod or tripod anytime that I use this lens. I am very happy with it and I will use it mainly for portraiture, some landscaping shots and in low-light conditions. Well done Sigma !! I have not yet compare it with my Nikon 50 f/1.8 and my 70-200 f/4 @ f/4 ( which is a very sharp lens ) but I will this coming weekend and I will post some pics in this forum.

This is my second Sigma lens. Some years ago I had the 150mm f/2.8 macro ( no VR ) and I was so happy with it. I sold it to buy other lenses. This new lens is a lens that will stay in my bag for a very long time. @ f/2.8-f/4 it is sharper than the Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 E ( new lens ) which price is almost $3k in compare to $1100 of this lens. Incredible !

Sorry, I posted it in the wrong place.

I plan to take mkne with me during the holidays.  Will post on the Flickr set upon return.

Happy Holidays

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow