Why do people buy a genuine EF-M to EF adapter?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
davev8
davev8 Senior Member • Posts: 2,446
Re: 3rd party adapters...

davel33 wrote:

davev8 wrote:

Ben Herrmann wrote:

Like most folks, I naturally thought that getting the Canon brand adapter was the wisest choice. After all, we've heard enough horror stories about Chinese clone knockoffs covering all aspects of technologies (and the problems that can result).

But the thing that always bothered me about the Canon Adapter (the earlier one) was the size of the tripod attachment bulge (can't think of another name for it at the moment). That thing stuck out big time and it was impossible to use some 3rd party add-on grips (which attached on the bottom) because this Canon EF- EF-M adapter would get in the way thanks to this tripod bulge.

So I started looking for 3rd party models and found a most excellent one (on eBay). This is the one I got (but mine was from a vendor here in the US).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOTGA-Electronic-AF-Auto-Focus-Adapter-for-Canon-EOS-EF-S-Lens-to-EF-M-M3-Camera-/331734176877?hash=item4d3ce5d46d:g:~h8AAOxyk99Rzte4

What i like about all of the 3rd party models is that they work exactly like the Canon versions (and are built just as well), and some of them (like the one in the link above) "don't" have that huge tripod bulge sticking out which drove me nuts. Mine works superbly and I have the Canon EF-S 10-18 wide angle zoom attached to it on the M3.

is not the Canon tripod foot detachable?

-- hide signature --

Semper Fidelis...
Ben Herrmann
US Marine Corps (Retired)
North Carolina, USA

-- hide signature --

My 5D IS a MK1 classic
emmm.....no way to win this discussion ......my favorite camera will look bad...what to do what to do.......DELETE THE THREAD.....again.......i win

YES it is and the little bulge on the Cannon is smaller then one he linked. I should pick up my M5 on friday (crosses fingers) but I did get the Canon adapter 3 months ago for $99 but the next will be after market.

i got a good deal  on a poor listing on feebay with terrible photos almost no description a 1 day listing and it ended 3am    got a M2 with 18-55. the EF adaptor a kippin m42 tilt and shift adapter the little flash all mint/boxed  for less than £200 GBP delivered...i did not expect it to arrive but it did

-- hide signature --

"Just one more Lens, I promise....."
Dave

-- hide signature --

My 5D IS a MK1 classic
emmm.....no way to win this discussion ......my favorite camera will look bad...what to do what to do.......DELETE THE THREAD.....again.......i win

davev8's gear list:davev8's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Minolta DiMAGE Xi Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Nikon D70s +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Ali
Mk7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow