Strange linear artifacts on 5kMii images, real mystery...

Started Dec 7, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
earphotoimage New Member • Posts: 12
Strange linear artifacts on 5kMii images, real mystery...

I have been using this 5Dmark2/24-105mm combo for a few years ago now, weve been through a lot together. Got it when I was capturing texture data at Microsoft, since then Ive put massive amounts of shots on it, ranging from photogrammetry to hyperlapses. Last year I saw this kind of artifact on my images, very fine vertical lines, in the RAW files as well and then it stopped. Today I was out and busted my ass capturing some great shots on a rare sunny/snow day in town and most of the shots are ruined with this

I cant even begin to describe how brutalized I am with this showing up again, 90% of the stuff I shot today, in the freezing cold is garbage now... Does anybody, have any idea what this could be? It showed up on some photos but not others so not even consistent. I was shooting manual, sunny WB, this particular shot was f8.0, ISO 200, 1/1000th. Picture style standard. stabilizer off, manual focus.

One thing I should mention was that it was COLD today, about 0 degrees C and that the last time this happened, was last year in the winter.

Searching around, Ive seen a few people mention it on the net but nothing specific to the Mark2, one guy changed the sensor and everything was fine after.

So now Im wondering; Is the sensor croaking? Is it something else?

Thanks in advance

Zoomed in to show artifacts

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow