Lens Choice

Started Dec 5, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
edform
edform Senior Member • Posts: 4,728
Lens Choice

I've at last managed to get a V2 at the right price with a matching 10-30mm lens so I'm interested to know what folks advise with respect to other lenses.

I already have a 30-110 but I note that the range my two lenses cover could be dealt with by a 10-100. Is this a good choice?

The 30-110 is an excellent lens in my experience and it's particularly good on a short extension tube for the close up work I enjoy. The 10-30, on the other hand doesn't impress me - it's not hopeless, but it's a bit like one of the kit lenses that SLRs come with - lacking in contrast and never really sharp. So comments on the performance of the 10-100 would help me a lot - does its low end do better than the 10-30 and how does its long end stand up to the 30-110?

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 +2 more
Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow