Loxia 85mm F2.4

Started Dec 4, 2016 | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
alextardif
alextardif Senior Member • Posts: 1,373
Loxia 85mm F2.4

Hey folks, now that we're about a week away from the anticipated release date of the new Loxia 85mm F2.4, I'm curious how many on this forum pulled the trigger on the pre-order?

For anyone enjoying what the Loxia line brings to the table the reviews available so far seem to be universally positive. However, for anyone wondering what the fuss is all about, Bastian from PhillipReeve.net outlined a note in his summary... "There are 3 native E-mount 85mm lenses available now and I think this one will have a hard time appealing to potential buyers as it won’t win any numbers games: Maximum aperture? Too slow. Weight? Too high. AF? Nah. Price? Too high. Size? Too big... So, who is this lens aimed at? I think people looking for maximum image quality who don’t need a faster aperture and therefore do not want to pay the size, weight and price penalties that come with the Otus lenses. This lens is quite similar to the Loxia 21mm 2.8 in terms of contrast and corner to corner sharpness, in case of the latter I tend to say even better. And sharpness is great across the whole distance scale, at infinity and at the minimum focus distance."

I personally enjoy Loxias quite a bit, although use them mostly for video, and have one on order... how about you?

alextardif's gear list:alextardif's gear list
Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Sony Alpha a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM +2 more
POLL
On pre-order
8.1% 5  votes
Not for me
71.0% 44  votes
Maybe... still deciding
21.0% 13  votes
  Show results
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow