Sony a7r ii M- versus A-mode

Started Nov 30, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Muizen -Belgium Regular Member • Posts: 436
Sony a7r ii M- versus A-mode

I have the habit of using the M-mode and almost never the A-mode. Quite a lot of Sony a7r ii user are in favour of using the A-mode

I would like to understand why the A-mode on the Sony a7r ii is the preferred mode for so many users.

My experience is that when in A-mode and e.g. in low light, shutter speed of 1/60 is automatically chosen from F2.0 through F3.5 after which the shutter speed gradually increases when the F-value is increased, to reach at the end 0,6".
In higher light situation the shutter speed chosen is again 1/60 which drops then further down when F9.0 is reached to end at 1/6.

For me the whole range of the above shutter speeds are most of the time, too low and, what is a problem, can not be increased manually.

What is the advantage in A-mode of a fixed 1/60 SS that, can not be changed, and gradually changes to shutter speeds that have little or no practical value (without a tripod)?

Undoubtedly I am somewhere making a mistake?

Harry

Sony a7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow