GR III coming in 2017?

Started Nov 8, 2016 | Discussions thread
georg f Junior Member • Posts: 44
Re: GR III coming in 2017?

my whishlist, straight from the heart

lets start with the scope of mandatory:

- keep or increase lens and sensor performance.

- keep or decrease size.

- eliminate the dust problem.

- 28mm, because cropping to 35mm (hopefully 50mm, see below) is easy, the other way is impossible.

what really to progress:

- ISO performance!! by at least 2 stops. this would be the biggest improvement, and i'll buy the new one immediatly, if it can achieve this!

- more megapixels, e.g. 24. if, and only if the same per-pixel performance can be achieved. (also ISO performance is more important, if not both can be achieved.) this would allow the GR to be sufficiently usable at 35 and even 50mm, via digital crop.

- AF speed in low light.

- really usable smartphone implementation.

- possibility to tilt the flash back (upwards), for bouncing against the ceiling. a simple, but very valuable feature.

other points:

- a faster lens would be great, of course. but the current one is simply a work of art, the sharpness at f2.8 is nothing less than stunning. faster most probably would mean bigger, even retracted, which is not an option.

- image stabilization would be great! if this is possible within the size, please add that. it would be a lot more of a benefit than one stop faster aperture.

- EVF of course would be great too, but again only if it is possible within the size constraints (flash needs to stay).

- personally i would love a focus ring around the lens. i love manual focus, and there are quite some situations where any other means of focussing just won't cut it, but i never use it on the GR because it is so cumbersome.

- touchscreen with a well thought-out integration would be nice (including the option to turn it off).

- tilting screen would be nice, but most probably won't be possible within the size constraints. a really good smartphone integration would take over many of it's benefits.

- a version/branch with exchangeable lenses would indeed be great, very great! adopting the m-mount would be an obvious choice, if this is feasible regarding licence regulations. otherwise use something allowing adaptors for m/m39. this fits to the discussion because of the similar target group, but surely this would be another line, and could never be a substitue for what the 'GR' is about.

georg f's gear list:georg f's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Ricoh GR II Fujifilm X-E1 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow