Panasonic G85 from an Olympus user

Started Nov 20, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael Meissner
Michael Meissner Forum Pro • Posts: 27,010
Panasonic G85 from an Olympus user

I've been using Olympus cameras since 2001, picking up a D-510Z after coming back from Disney World with cash left over that was burning a hole in my pocket.  I have had many fine Olympus bodies over the years (C-2100UZ, E-1, E-510, E-3, E-P2, E-5, E-PM2, Stylus-1, E-M5, E-M1 mark 1) and still own/shoot many of them.  I just recently bought my first Panasonic body (G85), and I thought I would mention some things as I explore the new way of shooting.

If others also want to post about getting a Panasonic after using Olympus, or vice versa, feel free to do.  It will be interesting to see the differences and perhaps the things in common.

To start out, with my reasons for picking the G85 this time, was I have a trip to Hawaii planned for February.  I find strong sunlight is one of my migraine triggers, and I need to wear wrap around sunglasses all of the time when I'm outdoors in the sun to reduce the frequency of the migraine attacks.

I'll post each of the observations as a separate post in the thread.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +22 more
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow