Black cameras or not?

Started Nov 16, 2016 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
belcanto Contributing Member • Posts: 535
Black cameras or not?

I commented this in another thread and then i thought it might be interesting to hear the opinions among people who are a bit more free spirited and realise things can be improved.

I really don't understand this obsession about black cameras. I do like a camera in another colour. Sometimes it is practical to have it in white so it doesn't get to hot. To me I like the idea of a camera not looking to serious. Working in art as a main occupation I want photografy to be for fun, not another serious comittment. I understand professionals wanting discrete cameras. But we are not all professionals are we?

There is one more thing to it. It is the standpoint from were we are coming when shooting. If I am serious I'll probably end up with serious photos, and if I am in it just for fun I'll probably end up with some fun photos. From a viewers stand point one might be just as apealing as the other.

So basically if you want a black camera, buy one. You're in luck there are plenty of them. If you dont want a black camera, dont buy one, alas not so lucky since other colors are scarse.

So do you pimp/improve your camera? I know about changing leahterette but most cameras are shaped to akwardly to have exchange skins. Do anybody paint their camera? What else is there?

More colors to the people!!!

Kjell

belcanto's gear list:belcanto's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic G85 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow