Please crit my potential gear for all round use

Started Nov 15, 2016 | Discussions thread
wb2trf Veteran Member • Posts: 3,086
Re: Please crit my potential gear for all round use

rlyons wrote:

SwissSwiss wrote:

val1 wrote:

I would get the sigma 30 1.4. i tried it and it is is fantastic. the 1.4 is sharper and the af is way better.

There was some issue with it. It becoming blurred at F2. Sigma was trying to fix it.

18-105g as an add on.

Did not even know that SEL 18-105 was a G lens hmmm. Has $50 cashback currently. This looks interesting too-

SEL 10-18mm F4

SEL 50mm F1.8

SEL 18-105 F4

Sigma 30 F1.4

Vs (trimmed version)

SEL 10-18mm F4

SEL 50mm F1.8

SEL 18-105 F4

I'll add another plug for the Sony E PZ 18-105G. It is a power zoom, which some don't like, but for video it's great and for a versatile zoom it works very well. I use mine a lot.

I have the Sigma 30/2.8 and don't care for it. Another alternative is the Sony FE 28/2 (likely my next lens) if you're worried about the Sigma 30/1.4.

If you want a portrait lens for tight spaces, I love the Sigma 30 1.4 for that.  If you want a medium landscape, group portrait, and all around lens, I tested the Sigma 30 2.8 to be sharper into the corners than the 1.4, but there are different reports out there.

I would get the 16-50 kit. When you need to be small, there's nothing to match it, it's ok for stills when compactness is necessary, and its good for video.

Overall I like the non-trimmed list, particularly.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow