Best photo editing software?

Started Mar 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
rens51 New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Best photo editing software?

Dear, I searched the DPReview forum and ran into this topic under Micro 4 3rds.

Though I work with a Canon SLR (EOS-1D mark 3)-- I still would like yours advice on my issue with Elements, here advertised as "best in class".

I have a 2012 MacBookPro 17", OSX El Capitan, V 10.11.6, with 500 GB SSD and 50% empty space, my physical memory is (only) 4GB. I did purchase Adobe Elements 14, Organizer and Editor. Next to that I use Apple's Photo's for synchro with iPhone and iPad.

I experience slowness, freezes & laptop crashes when I try to use Elements 14. Imports are almost impossible. Adobe is unresponsive for support, OnTwitter PB's they refer to their Support, but there is no response or only expensive call option to USA. Searching the web it seems Adobe blames Apple, and visa versa. I am not alone on these issues, see f.i. the MANY complaints, pb's reported on https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_elements.

Adobe has now launched Elements 15 and an upgrade would again cost ±85 Euro (called "discounted"). They specify system requirements in line with my MacBookPro, as they also did for Elements 14, BUT Adobe doesn't respond when I ask for a return guarantee in case I would experience the same issues.

I would appreciate any advise you may have, on how to get E14 working normally, alternative easy to use photo s/w, or a link to where I might find a solution. THANKS!

Oh and by the way I still have Apple's Aperture installed, the reason I purchased E14 was that Apple terminated Aperture and swapped to the oversimple Photos.

Rens51

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow